The Judges for North America Pony/Trainer 2023
The Judges for the 2023 – 24 North America Pony/Trainer Contest are
Judging Criteria (200 possible pts.)
1. Interview (50 pts.)
The interview is a closed door interview with the Judges.
2. Community Interaction (50 pts.)
This begins from the moment you are seen Saturday, July 15th at LAPACC English Day. During the event there are scheduled Games as part of the English Day Event. These games give an opportunity to try different activities of Pony Play. You are not required to participant in all the games. You may elect to not to be judged to receive a ribbon. The LAPACC English Games are part of the event and it is important to support the Ponies and Trainers participating in these games and try one yourself. The judges will be looking at how you react to the community. Are you shy and withdrawn? Do you engage others in conversation? Are you having FUN? Your ability to be a positive role model for the pony play community is very important. The Event Manager will report to The Judges on all interactions during the event between North American Pony/Trainer contestants, staff and volunteers for the event.
3. On Stage Presentation and Question and Answer (50 pts.)
You are to give a 15 minute presentation on a Pony Play topic Saturday evening. Following your presentation will be a five minute Question and Answer period. The Question will be of a type that a new or curious person might ask of you during the title year. The Q & A is for the Trainer and the Pony. Ponies need to be out of Pony headspace and not wearing any head gear.
4. Show (50 pts.)
This is a Time to Shine. On Saturday night at 8 PM it’s time to put your best hoof forward and show the audience any or all of the cool tricks you’ve learned and practiced. Any and all styles of show are welcomed. If you are a single Pony or single Trainer, there will be a list of LA Pony and Critter Club Pony/Trainers you may elect to perform with or a House Handler and House Pony. You may also choose to perform at Liberty.
- The Show is for any Pony and Trainer or a single Pony or single Trainer participating in the contest, plus any participant in the LA Pony and Critter Club English Day, plus any Pony and/or Trainer who wants to participate in The Pony Show.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Your show should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- You must bring a MP4 file of your soundtrack/music on an USB/Flashdrive (it MUST be labeled with your scene name on the outside of it) to the Meeting Saturday, July 15 at 11 am with subMissAnn or have confirmation with the DJ that your music is in their Pony Show files.
- Have FUN.